You have thought about your wedding since you were nine years old. You waited for your Prince Charming to arrive and sweep you off of your feet. He finally came and has now proposed. Now the blood pressure has shot up and you are getting stressed at all of the things on your list that you did not count on when you were nine.
Sit back and relax. We are going to give you some pointers of what to expect when you hire a DJ or MC for your big day. This is a time you will remember for the rest of your life and you do not need to ruin it by regretting a decision made or not made. After you decide what role you want your professional to play, DJ only or DJ and MC, here are some other things to keep in mind:
• Before making a final decision, you could ask your potential DJ’s if you could attend one of their events for an example of their show and to make sure their equipment meets your standards. Also, be sure to check out any references they provide.
• The first step when you make a final decision is to make sure that you get a signed contract from your DJ. This will spell out exactly what you are expecting to get for your money. A written contract will protect you and your DJ.
• Going over the entire wedding in your mind writing down every step, every stage of the event, and every song you want to be sure to have played and when you want it played. Plan to go over this list with your DJ so that he/she understand exactly what you are looking for. For example, if you want certain songs played for the first dance or for when you are cutting your cake, write it down. If you do not have particular songs in mind, you should go over the song list they provide to create your song list for your event.
• Be sure to keep contact with your Disc Jockey in case of song changes or time changes or even venue changes so that he/she can also adjust their plans and there are no surprises for anyone.
• Our DJ should plan to arrive early enough for a sound check after set-up. You could even go over your song list prior to your event.
• If you would like for your DJ to be dressed in a certain way, you may need to go over those expectations in plenty of time before your event. Tuxedo styles or colors should be arranged at the same time as your groomsmen.
At On Your Feet Productions, we offer a free consultation with you and your event planner to customize your event to make it a success. We have a virtually unlimited song library and will help you pick out your favorites. We have a professional sound system utilizing gear from Peavey, Shure, and Audiotechnica as well as a state-of-the-art lighting system. On Your Feet Productions offers different packages to choose from to make your event exactly what you are looking for. We have wireless microphones for announcements, toasts, etc. We know how to interact with the crowd to keep any party going strong.
Your wedding will be remembered by how much fun the reception party was. Plan it carefully and thoughtfully to avoid later. Many brides say they wish they had spent more time and more of their budget on choosing the entertainment for the reception. Some say afterward that they would have made it their highest priority.
At On Your Feet Productions, we are dedicated to working with you in planning a wedding day that is both special and memorable